About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my reading blog, I'm glad you've come to visit. This is just my informal reviews to keep track of what I've read lately. You may find some that interest you. Enjoy!

September 10, 2012

DRAGONKEEPER

 by Carole Wilkinson 

This was such a gorgeous story and beautifully written. I just adored it. When I finished reading Dragonkeeper I felt like I'd reallly been on a delightful journey.

This is a story of a young slave girl named Ping, who rescues a dragon, Danzi, from a wicked master and this begins her journey of trust, courage, power and love. Mixed with Chinese history and fantasy the story unravelled to reveal a touching ending.

Ping must face many dangers while protecting the dragon and a dragon stone left in her care. They were on a journey to reach the ocean many there were many perils along the way. I particularly loved the humour Danzi showed when Ping asked why he hadn't warned her of impending dangers along the way.

This is the first book in a trilogy by Carole Wilkinson and I'm looking forward to continuing the journey with Ping in 'Garden of the purple dragon' - Bk.2, 'Dragon Moon' - Bk.3, and 'Blood Brothers' Bk. 4.

Find out more about Carole Wilkinson by visiting her website http://www.carolewilkinson.com.au/art/

No comments:

Post a Comment