What an amazing ride... twists, turns, surprises, revenge, thrilling, it's got the lot. An interesting psychological thriller that had me right into the night. The first half is told through the two characters, Nick & Amy, who are about to celebrate their 5th wedding anniversary. Nick returns home to find Amy missing. There are signs of a struggle and blood has been spilt and cleaned up... all the evidence is pointing to Nick.This thriller is told in alternating voices between the two... Nicks from the day Amy goes missing, Amy's from her diary entries from 2005 onwards. The two have very conflicting views of their marriage and this builds the suspense.
The second part reveals more and more and is certainly more graphic, using a lot of bad language and graphic details, which I found was over the top and unnecessary, although it was probably portraying the change in personality. The final chapters had me 'oohing' and 'ahhing' as the final twists in the plot came together. When I shut the book... I was exhausted!
No comments:
Post a Comment