About Me

My photo
Hi and welcome to my reading blog, I'm glad you've come to visit. This is just my informal reviews to keep track of what I've read lately. You may find some that interest you. Enjoy!

November 18, 2012

TELL ME WHEN IT HURST

by Christine M. Whitehead

I really enjoyed this book even if it was a cheapie from Amazon I downloaded to my Kindle... an impulse buy.

We first meet Archer as a young educated women who falls in love with handsome Adam and they have a daughter, Annie. The love of her life. Everything is going along smoothly until one terrible night when on a school trip, Annie is raped and murdered. This terrible event will be the end of Archer's life as she knows it as the murderer goes free and she is left with a huge abyss in her life. The depression and struggle to live after such an event forces Archer and Adam to split up and Archer becomes a recluse living in the bush.
Living on the property next door, enter Connor. Hunk of a cowboy guy from Wyoming who is camping out on his newly inherited property. After some standoffish behaviour Archer and Connor are forced to interact which in turn leads to a wonderful love story... except Archer has secrets. She is a secret vigilante and a trained killer and is part of a group that 'makes justice happen' when the justice system let people down and destroys peoples lives.
I was engrossed in this story which peeled away layers of Archer., bit by bit, as she slowly came to terms with her daughter's terrible death and that she needed to continue to live to honour her daughter's memory. A moving story which had me in tears several times. I like it when I find a story out of the blue that really touches me like this book did.

No comments:

Post a Comment